हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
Exercise number - 009 dated 19-Sep-2019, गुरुवासरः।
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - Usage of षष्ठी-Possessive/Genitive word forms and numbers.
Lesson (Day-4) link: https://youtu.be/MNR2oyRV-jI
Question-1 of 2:
The example-1 below contains three sentences with षष्ठी forms in masculine, feminine and neuter genders along with another noun. Closely following the example-1, using the षष्ठी (Possessive/Genitive) forms as per example-1 below, write FIVE sets of two-worded Sanskrit triple-sentences along with English meanings.
Example - 1:
रामस्य पुस्तकम्। सीतायाः स्यूतः। फलस्य वर्णः।
raamasya pustakam. seetaayaaH syuutaH. phalasya varNaH.
The book of Rama (or Rama’s book). The bag of Sita (or Sita’s bag). The colour of fruit (or Fruit’s colour).
- षष्ठी forms are to be in masculine, feminine and neuter genders respectively like in the example. The other noun in any sentence can be of any of the three genders with compatible meanings.
- Only TWO words per sentence and three sentences in one set for question no-1.
- Only FIVE sets of triple-sentences as answer for question no. 1.
Question-2 of 2:
Observe in example-2 below two numerals in devanagari script, their Sanskrti words and meanings are given. Following the example write five-pairs of Sanskrit sentences, choosing any of numerals learnt through lesson-Day-04.
Example - 2:
११ - एकादश - Eleven. १५ - पञ्चदश - Fifteen.
११ - ekaadasha. १५ - panchadasha.
- Only five pairs of sentences as per example-2 for question-2.
- Only Numerals and ONE word per sentence for question-2.
- Choice of numerals (numbers) can be any from 10 to 100.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- In the example given above there is a transliteration sentence in between the Sanskrit-sentence and meaning-sentence. This also can be used till such time your are ready with Sanskrit keyboard. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- Answers are to be based on the topics/concepts covered and learnt till the lesson reference of the exercise.
- Sanskrit aspirants who may know more than that of the topics covered are advised to restrain from jumping to advanced topics. Such things would be construed as violation.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
Links for the dictionary and the write-up on how to look-up Sanskrit words in dictionary:
Dictionary link: http://spokensanskrit.org/
Link for write-up: https://forum.sanskrit.today/d/70-how-to-look-up-words-in-sanskrit-dictionary
धन्यवादः। Thank You.