हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
Exercise number - 010 dated 21-Sep-2019, शनिवासरः।
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - १० - षष्ठी- रामस्य अनुजः लक्ष्मणः। सङ्ख्याः च।
Lesson (Day-4) link: https://youtu.be/MNR2oyRV-jI
Question-1 of 2:
The example-1 below contains two sets of double sentence sentences with षष्ठी forms, one set in masculine, and another set in feminine. Closely following the example-1, using the षष्ठी (Possessive/Genitive) forms as per example-1 below, write FIVE sets of three-worded Sanskrit-sentences along with English meanings.
Example - 1:
रामस्य अनुजः लक्ष्मणः। भरतस्य अग्रजः रामः।
सीतायाः अनुजा ऊर्मिला।ऊर्मिलायाः अग्रजा सीता।
Rama’s younger brother is Bharata. Bharata’s elder brother is Rama.
Sita’s younger sister is Urmila. Urmila’s elder sister is Sita.
Two double sentences, one with masculine षष्ठी forms and another with feminine षष्ठी forms, as found in example-1, makes one set. Write only FIVE such sets of Sanskrit-sentences as answer for question no. 1.
Use only अनुजः, अग्रजः, अनुजा and अग्रजा as the relationship links as per example.
Only THREE words per sentence and four sentences in one set for question no-1.
Only FIVE sets of sentences as per example as answer for question no. 1.
Preferable to use very well known characters from Ramaayanam or Mahaabharatam.
Question-2 of 2:
Observe in example-2 below two numerals in devanagari script, their Sanskrti words and meanings are given. Following the example write five-pairs of Sanskrit sentences, choosing any of numerals from 51 to 99 learnt through lesson-Day-04.
Example - 2:
९६ -षण्णवतिः - Ninety-six. ८४ - चतुरशीतिः - Eighty-four.
- Only five pairs of sentences as per example-2 for question-2.
- Only Numerals and ONE word per sentence for question-2.
- Choice of numerals (numbers) can be any from 51 to 99.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- Transliteration of Sanskrit-sentence be used, though corrections if any would be only in devanagari script of Sanskrit. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- If you are going to learn transliteration also, it is better to learn devanagari script instead.
- Answers related to the topics/concepts covered and learnt till the lesson reference of the exercise.
- Sanskrit aspirants who may know more than that of the topics covered are advised to restrain from jumping to advanced topics. Such things would be construed as violation.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
Dictionary link: http://spokensanskrit.org/
Link for write-up: https://forum.sanskrit.today/d/70-how-to-look-up-words-in-sanskrit-dictionary
धन्यवादः। Thank You.