हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - ०१४ (014) दिनाङ्कः - ०१-अक्टोबर्-२०१९ (01-Oct-2019), मङ्गलवासरः।
अद्यतन अभ्यास-विषयः - Usage of कति, वासरः, and कुत्र with places.
Lesson link Day-6 (Part-A) : https://youtu.be/lCEqYkqSDJM
Question-1 of 2:
अ) Following the example-1 (अ), below, write FIVE pairs of three-worded Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
कति बालकाः सन्ति? सप्त-बालकाः सन्ति।
kati baalakaaH santi? saptabaalakaaH santi.
How many boys are there? Seven boys are there.
- Use only सन्ति as verb. Numerals (numbers) shall be between five and hundred.
- Only TWO pairs of Sanskrit sentences like example above.
- Only THREE words per sentence.
आ) Example-1-(आ) contains Sanskrit names of all the seven days of the week, with days' relationship-indicators like अद्य, श्वः, ह्यः etc. Choose any five days of the week in the logical sequence and write Only One-Set of Five-two-worded Sanskrit-sentences with English meanings.
आ) अद्य शनिवासरः। श्वः भानुवासरः। परश्वः सोमवासरः। प्रपरश्वः मङ्गलवासरः। ह्यः शुक्रवासरः। परह्यः गुरुवासरः। प्रपरह्यः बुधवासरः॥
adya shanivaasaraH. shvaH bhaanuvaasaraH. parashvaH somavaasaraH. praparashvaH mangalavaasaraH. hyaH shukravaasaraH. parahyaH guruvaasaraH. praparahyaH bhdhavaasaraH.
Today is Saturday. Tomorrow is Sunday. Day after tomorrow is Monday. Day after, day-after-tomorrow is Tuesday. Yesterday was Friday. Day before yesterday was Thursday. Day before, day-before-yesterday was Wednesday.
- Only ONE SET of FIVE Sanskrit sentences with five days in correct sequence of week-days along with English meanings.
- Only TWO words per sentence, of which one is to be अद्य, श्वः, ह्यः etc, and another is to be the weekday.
Question-2 of 2:
The example-2 below is one set of sentences with देवालये, वाटिकायाम् and गृहे as answers in singular to कुत्र in masculine, feminine and neuter genders respectively. Following the example-2, below, write THREE sets of three-worded Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
Example - 2:
बालिका विद्यालये अस्ति। बालकः वाटिकायाम् अस्ति। आसन्दः गृहे अस्ति॥
baalikaa vidyaalaye asti. baalakaH vaatikaayaam asti. aasandaH gruhe asti.
The girl is in the school. The boy is in the garden. The chair is in the house.
- The answer words to कुत्र are to be in masculine, feminine and neuter gender singular forms.
- Only अस्ति as verb. Only TWO such sets of sentences. Only THREE words per sentence.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- In the example given above there is a transliteration sentence in between the Sanskrit-sentence and meaning-sentence. This also can be used till such time your are ready with Sanskrit keyboard. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- Answers are to be based on the topics/concepts covered and learnt till the lesson reference of the exercise.
- Sanskrit aspirants who may know more than that of the topics covered are advised to restrain from jumping to advanced topics. Such things would be construed as violation.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
धन्यवादः। Thank You.