हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - ०१४ (015) दिनाङ्कः - ०४-अक्टोबर्-२०१९ (04-Oct-2019), शुक्रवासरः।
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - Usage of कदा/time/day, answers as objects to किम्/कुत्र.
Lesson link Day-6 (Part-B) : https://youtu.be/VpZV2Xlzoeg
Question-1 of 3:
The example-1 below consists of a question with कदा and an answer in five words indicating the day, part of the day and time in their correct forms. Closely following the example-1below, write TWO pairs of five worded Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
कदा बालकः पठति? बालकः बुधवासरे प्रातः पञ्चचवादने पठति।
kadaa baalakaH paTanti? baalakaH budhavaasare panchavaadane paTati.
When does the boy read? The boy reads on Wednesday morning at 5 O’ clock.
- Only TWO pairs of Sanskrit sentences like example above.
- Only FIVE words per sentence as shown in the example-1 above.
- Please do not include in your answers anything more than what is given in example.
Question-2 of 3:
Example-2 contains one set of two questions with किम् and answers for the same and how the answers to किम् change its form in brackets. Closely following example-2, write two sets of Sanskrit sentences including the change in form of the words that answer to the question word किम् , along with English meanings.
बालकः किं पश्यति? बालकः देवालयं पश्यति। (देवालयः - देवालयम्)
जननी किं करोति? जननी पूजां करोति। (पूजा - पूजाम्)
baalakaH kim pashyati? baalakaH devaalayam pashyati.(devaalayaH - devaalayam).
jananee kim karoti? Jananee poojaam karoti. (poojaa - poojaam).
What does the boy see? The boy sees the temple.
What does the mother do? The mother does Puja.
-Only TWO sets of Sanskrit sentences as per example-2.
-Use only पश्यति, करोति or खादति as verbs. No other verbs please.
-Form change of the word answering किम् , is essential in brackets for every sentence.
-Only THREE words per sentence.
Question-3 of 3:
The example-3 below is one pair of sentences as answers to कुत्र गच्छति?, along with how the form of the words answering कुत्र गच्छति change. Following the example-2, below, write TWO sets of three-worded Sanskrit sentences including the change in form of the words that answer to the question word कुत्र, along with English meanings.
Example - 3:
बालिका विद्यालयं गच्छति (विद्यालयः - विद्यालयम्)
बालकः वाटिकां गच्छति। (वाटिका - वाटिकाम्)
baalikaa vidyaalaym gachchati. (vidyaalayaH - vidyaalayam).
baalakaH vaatikaam gachchati. (vaatikaa - vaatikaam).
The girl goes to the school. The boy goes to the garden.
-Only TWO sets of Sanskrit sentences as per example-3.
-Use only गच्छति as verbs. No other verbs please.
-Form change of the word answering कुत्र , is essential in brackets for every sentence.
-Only THREE words per sentence.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- In the example given above there is a transliteration sentence in between the Sanskrit-sentence and meaning-sentence. This also can be used till such time your are ready with Sanskrit keyboard. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- Answers are to be based on the topics/concepts covered and learnt till the lesson reference of the exercise.
- Sanskrit aspirants who may know more than that of the topics covered are advised to restrain from jumping to advanced topics. Such things would be construed as violation.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
धन्यवादः। Thank You.