हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - ०१६ (016) दिनाङ्कः - ०९-अक्टोबर्-२०१९ (09-Oct-2019),बुधवासरः।
अद्यतन अभ्यासः - पुरुषाः-1st/2nd/3rd persons. वचनानि - Singular/dual/plural numbers and positions.
Lesson link Day-7 (Part-A) : https://youtu.be/DS8sZ7mmsmU
Question-1 of 3:
The example-1 below consists of a set of three sentences in मध्यमपुरुषः (Second person) with suitable verb forms of Second person in singular, dual number and plural respectively. Closely following the example-1 below, write THREE SETS of three worded Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
- त्वं बालकः पठसि। युवाम् बालकौ पठथः। यूयम् बालकाः पठथ।
- tvam baalakaH paThasi. yuvaam baalakou paThathaH. yooyam baalakaaH paThatha.
- You boy read. You two boys read. You boys read.
- Only THREE SETS of Sanskrit sentences like example above.
- Only THREE words per sentence as shown in the example-1 above.
- First word is to be त्वम् , युवाम् and यूयम्, the second word any noun in singular, dual number and plural respectively, suitable to the verb chosen and the third word any verb from the attached verb-list or from lesson-Day-7 (Part-A) in suitable मध्यमपुरुषः forms.
Question-2 of 3:
Example-2 contains ONE LOT of two sets of sentences, first set in प्रथमपुरुषः (third person) in all the three numbers (वचनानि) and the second set in उत्तमपुरुषः (first person) in all the three numbers (वचनामनि). Closely following example-2, write THREE LOTS of Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
- सा बालिका पश्यति। ते बालिके पश्यतः। ताः बालिकाः पश्यन्ति।
- अहं पश्यामि। आवां पश्यावः। वयं पश्यामः।
- saa baalikaa pashyati. Te baalike pashyataH. taaH baalikaaH pashyanti.
- aham pashyaami. aavaam pashyaavaH. vayam pashyaamaH.
- That girl sees. Those two girls see. Those girls see.
- I see. We two see. We all see.
- Only THREE sets of Sanskrit sentences as per example-2.
- Use verbs only from either attached verb-list or lesson-Day-7-(Part-A).
- Only THREE and TWO words per sentence as per Example-2 above.
Question-3 of 3:
Link for Lesson Day-6 (Part-B): https://youtu.be/VpZV2Xlzoeg
The example-3 below is one sentence with position indicating word पुरतः। Following the example-3 below, write ONLY ONE sentence per word indicating positions - पुरतः , पृष्ठतः , दक्षिणतः , वामतः , उपरि and अधः along with English meanings.
Example - 3:
- देवालयस्य पुरतः यानम् अस्ति।
- devaalayasya purataH yaanam asti.
- The vehicle is in front of the temple.
- Only ONE Sanskrit sentence per position word.
- Use only अस्त्ति as verb. No other verbs please.
- Not more than FOUR words per sentence.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- In the example given above there is a transliteration sentence in between the Sanskrit-sentence and meaning-sentence. This also can be used till such time your are ready with Sanskrit keyboard. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- Answers are to be based on the topics/concepts covered and learnt till the lesson reference of the exercise.
- Sanskrit aspirants who may know more than that of the topics covered are advised to restrain from jumping to advanced topics. Such things would be construed as violation.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
धन्यवादः। Thank You.