हरिःॐ। नमस्ते आचार्यः। नमःसर्वेभ्यः।
Sanskrit beginners' course by Sanskrit.today.
Exercise number - 004 dated 07-Sep-2019, Saturday. अस्ति/नास्ति usage and प्रहेलिका।
Contact-lesson link: https://youtu.be/dwurTK-3nn8
Using the words अस्ति and नास्ति write FIVE pairs of two-worded Sanskrit sentences along with English meanings.
A pair (twin/double) of sentences, to consist of one two-word sentence using अस्ति and another using नास्ति।
Only FIVE pairs (twin/double) of sentences for question no. 1.
Choice of nouns for answers in all the three genders.
Example - 1:
वृक्षः अस्ति। जलं नास्ति।
vrukshaH asti. jalam naasti.
Tree is there. Water is not there.
Study the प्रहेलिका (riddle) of the lesson and write the solution in English along with answer in five English sentences.
Note for Pravesha course aspirants: A couple of questions from these Pravesha-course riddles are definite in the examination.
- English meanings are essential for all the Sanskrit sentences.
- In the example given above there is a transliteration sentence in between the Sanskrit sentence and meaning sentence. This also can be used till such time your are ready with Sanskrit keyboard. Suggest to catch-up with Devanagari script fast.
- Studying other participants answers enriches your knowledge with least efforts.
- Any exercise-participant can comment on others' answers.
- Please answer only to the questions asked in this exercise-discussion.
- Please do not post any doubts/helps in this discussion, instead initiate a separate discussion in the main-forum.
- Please post your answers only for this exercise as replies to this discussion.
Link for the write-up on how to look-up Sanskrit words in dictionary:
धन्यवादः। Thank You.